Discipline - Mechanical Engineering
- 1977 - City & Guilds of London Institute ‘The Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Technician’s Part One Certificate’
- 1979 - City & Guilds of London Institute ‘The Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Technician’s Part Two Certificate’
- 1986-87 - ACIBSE Mechanical Engineering ‘Associate Examination’ Sections I, II and III
- 1996 - Became a Member of the ‘American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers’
- 2011 - Re-joined as a Member of the ‘American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers’
Alan commenced his career in 1976 as an apprentice for a national building services contractor, before qualifying as an engineer and running both contract-only and design and build projects for national high street retail clients such as Boots and Sainsbury’s.
In 1985 Alan made the move from contracting to consultancy with Edwards & Partners providing design and supervision of projects from client inception through to contract completion and commissioning.
Progressing through Associate Partner to full Partner of the practice and becoming a Director of EP Consulting in 2000 when the practice became a limited company.
Alan’s vast experience and knowledge encompasses retail (within the UK and Europe), healthcare, leisure, commercial and historic / listed buildings.